You all must dress like Harvey Specter (played by Gabriel Macht), resident bad ass senior partner/”the best goddamn closer this city has ever seen” on USA’s law drama, “Suits.”
I know what you’re thinking, “that is the most irrational maxim ever.”
But, is it really? I think not!
Out of the people I’ve polled (a completely nonrandom 6-person sample), 100% of them would like to either dress like, or date, Harvey. Here’s why:
- He always looks put together
- He wears a tie that matches the cut of the suit, and shape of his body (don’t ever pair a skinny tie with a three-piece suit)
- Tailoring, tailoring, tailoring
- He doesn’t play to the trends
- He has SWAGGER, whatever that is…
In closing, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, men should channel Harvey Specter, not because he’s a TV character, but because he’s found his niche, dresses for his body type, and is confident in every piece of clothing he wears.
If that combination isn’t something everyone should aim to achieve, I don’t know what is!
What do you think of Harvey Specter’s style, and what TV characters/shows inspire your style?
p.s. I wrote this post for the IFB Project. Check out other menswear-inspired posts here!